How to calculate wallpaper?
Easy steps to estimate the amount of wallpaper you will need:
- Measure wall height from floor to ceiling (excluding baseboards and moldings)
- Measure length of each wall including doors and windows
- Find the total square feet of the wall(s) by multiplying ceiling height by total wall length.
- Divide this square footage of the room by the square footage of the roll.
- Deduct large items from this total such as a full wall of windows; however, do not deduct small items such as a vanity.
When ordering wallpaper, you may also need to consider the "repeat" of the pattern. The larger the repeat, the more paper you will need to match the pattern.